Chicken is one of the easiest dish to cook and a saviour at every dinner party. Nobody minds white meat and who can resist the tender jucieness and the ease with which it flavours.
A few tips
1. There are a few tips you can take to make a difference like soaking chicken in salt water or brime for an hour in a fridge before cooking.
2. Select the right temperature to maintain its taste and moisture , when baking do so at 65F.
3. Try cooking chicken differently by steaming, frying, grilling or baking.
I’ll try steaming chicken in microwave. Simply because marinated poultry cooks very quickly in microwave oven. Steaming is easy to digest and without loss of nutrients.
Points to remember
1. Remember the wattage of your microwave will determine the time it takes to cook and the weight of the chicken.
2. The other point is the slowest part to cook is the centre, microwave only penetrates up to 5cm from the surface, so choose to cook in a mould or a shallow dish.
3. Food containing a high content of salted meat and poultry tends to dry and become tough so cover it up with foil or absorbent paper.
Chicken Steamed in Kitchen Salt
You will need
1 Chicken about 1.5 kg, cleaned and drained
2 large sheets grease- proof paper
2 kg salt, not too coarse
3 Tbsps Chinese wine
2 cloves garlic
2 slices ginger
Garnish: sliced cucumber
1. Rub Chinese wine over chicken and stuff ginger and garlic into chicken.
2. Wrap chicken in 2 layers of grease-proof paper. The first layer must be oiled to prevent the chicken skin from sticking to the paper.
3. 3. Fill a large casserole half full of kitchen salt.
4. Place chicken on salt, then cover with more salt till chicken is properly covered.
Cover dish and cook on HIGH for 12 minutes.
5. Then cook on MEDIUM for another 10 minutes and let chicken stand for 15 to 20 minutes.
Try this delicate dish you just may become famous overnight!!!
6. After standing time, cut chicken into small pieces and serve with chili sauce. Garnish with cucumber.