Your safety is always important. One should know how to use a fire extinguisher, it is always better for own protection. In case a fire, if possible run out and call for help. Children should be let out first. A fire can help put out a small fire, so in case of a sign of danger learn how to protect your family and yourself.
1. Smoke detectors
2. Fire extinguishers
3. Fire man’s safety costume.
Check if you’re capable of handling a fire extinguisher. If possible cover your mouth.
1. Check the type of extinguisher you have. Remove it from the wall. The extinguisher is supposed to be kept perpendicular. There is a plastic band around the handle, remove it by cutting it off then pull the pin from the handle, in order let the substance out easily.
2. Keep the nozzle away from your face and mouth in order to not harm yourself. Cover your mouth, as the extinguisher contains Co2. This poisoned gas can make you suffocate.
3. Tilt the extinguisher upside-down, so the substance comes out immediately with pressure, but try not let out the substance all at once.
4. Move towards the fire, keep the extinguisher steady and th en squeeze the handle.
5. The nozzle should be facing the base of the fire, in order to put out faster. Never aim from the top. Move your extinguisher from left to right in order to get rid of the fire.
Never aim the substance
1. Remember the word P.A.S.S
P – Pull the pin which is placed at the top of the extinguisher. The fuel must always be put out.
A – Aim for the base of the fire always.
S – Squeeze the lever slowly, as you squeeze the agent will be released. If the lever is let go off, then the agent will stop being released.
S – Sweep from side to side.
3. Place your extinguisher next to an exit, to be in safer hands
4. Always refill your fire extinguisher, even if it his partially empty.
5. The metal pin prevents the lever from closing by mistake.
6. Prepare yourself before you handle the extinguisher.
7. Keep kids away it’s the best thing to do. Kids should not be allowed to play or be near a fire extinguisher.
8. Do not spray directly on the fire.
9. One must have recommended type and size of fire extinguisher which is Dry Chemical ABC, size 2-A: 10-B: C
10. Every family member who is old enough and strong enough, should know how to use the fire extinguisher.
Things to look out for:
1. In case of fire always call the fire brigade first.
2. Always aim at the base of the fire.
3. Always take a fire safety training lesson.
4. Only small fires should be put out with an extinguisher
5. Try not to use up the extinguisher’s substance all together.
6. Never think the fire is out, if you thing it is completely out. 7. Make sure double checking would not do any harm.
8. In case of a fire, if you have gotten out do not renter your house.
9. In case you are going to put fire extinguishers in the kitchen, do not keep it next to the stove.
10. Keep the extinguisher at a place away from kids.
11. When a smoke detector goes off, immediately call 911, after you get everyone out of the house. There is no time time take belongings.