Title: How to use hot rollers
The project: Curls are very much in these days and goes well with almost any dress you wear. Now creating a new hair look can be troublesome and time consuming, but creating curls using hot rollers can be a efficient way of hair styling. You must be wondering why use hot rollers when you can get the same look by using a curling iron. To reply this have you ever seen someone working with a curling iron on? No for sure, but you can do all your household works even when the hot rollers are working on to style your hair. We bring to you some simple steps to follow to give a hassle free hair styling experience.
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Time required: Approximately 1 hour
Estimated cost: Less than $50
1. Set of hot rollers
2. Butterfly clips
3. Comb or brush
4. Hair spray
1. Bring in a set of hot rollers open the pack and place it onto the dressing table or any other table.
2. Make sure that you have all the resources that are mentioned above ready with you for usage.
3. Firstly just heat the hot rollers by plugging them to a power source.
4. You have to wait till the rollers get heated up.
5. The rollers have a phenomenon of getting heated up from the base. For most rollers the changing color (may be from pink to white) of the roller shows, that it has become hot.
6. Once the rollers are hot, just spray water using a water spray onto your hair just to remove the frizzyness. If you have curly hair, wash them and blow dry first.
7. Part the hair almost equally into three different divisions i.e. towards the left, to the right, and in the centre.
8. Now pick hair of about 1 inch wide from the middle of the sections and roll them over the hot rollers in upward direction like starting from the base of the neck to the top of the head.
9. Once the hairs are rolled in the rollers on the top of the head just place clips on the rollers. Though most of the sets of hot rollers come with clips but prefer using butterfly clips as they are perfect to hold back the rollers.
10. Repeat the above mentioned step and continue till you end up finishing the entire centre partition. Proceed further with the right and left partitions. Keep repeating till you are done with rolling all the hairs.
11. When done with the rolling you are free to do all your works like applying make up, dressing, etc. which otherwise would have not been possible with the curling iron.
12. You have to wait for 20 – 30 minutes for the hot rollers to finish their work of setting the curls perfectly.
13. The rollers will cool down ending up giving you a curly look.
14. Just remove the hot rollers gently from the hair and then finger comb them or simply brush out the curls for a curly or wavy hair style.
15. Walk out loud by flaunting a perfect silhouette with self done curling with the hot rollers and let the heads turning.
1. Prefer a medium hold spray at the roots while rolling and the larger roller is for little curl, smaller for more curl.
2. Roll down for more volume at the root and up for a flipped effect at the ends
3. If additional heat is applied using a blow dryer, the process of rolling will speed up.
4. Do not remove hot rollers until they completely cool down.
5. The hot rollers just don’t work for long hair but can work out for hair of any length till they get rolled even once on the roller.
6. Allow hot rollers to heat completely before using
7. If curl is too tight, use a blow dryer and brush to tame the curls
Frequently asked questions:
Q: Why to use a medium hold spray?
A: Medium hold spray is suggested because if an ultra hold spray is used it will be difficult to shake out.
Things to watch out for:
1. Always be patient and wait till the rollers get heated up before use.
2. Make sure you set your hot rollers few minutes before you get ready to go out
3. Be careful not to touch the hot rollers directly to your skin or scalp, as they can burn you.
4. Always read and follow the hot roller manufacturer’s directions and safety precautions.