Weekend cooking and oncoming monsoons remains incomplete in East India without a steaming bowl of Indian catfish curry. The recipe is as follows:
Red Chili Paste
Paste of Coriander Seeds
1. Sear catfish fillets in oul until light brown.
2. Marinade fish pieces in yogurt, mustard oil, cilantro leaves and turmeric powder.
3. In oil fry onions and tomatoes together. To this add ginger-garlic paste, red chili paste, coriander seeds paste and all the spices.
4. Fry this paste for sometime and add salt.
5. Add marinated fish fillets and water. Simmer this curry for sometime and serve with a steaming bowl of rice.