Saturday Night dinner with lamb and apricots might remind you of the Jewish Hanukkah meal and it can be quite promising if you have farm-raised lamb meat and dried apricotsfrom the local farm. The recipe is as follows:
1 boneless lamb shoulder, cubed
1/2 cup dried apricots, halved
Freshly Ground Cumin
Freshly Ground Coriander
1. Saute onions and garlic in oil until soft.
2. Add lamb cubes and sear until brown.
3. Add cumin powder, coriander powder, salt and pepper.
4. Stir thoroughly for 5 minutes.
5. In another pan of warm water soak apricots for 5 minutes.
6. In a baking tray pour the lamb mixture, softened-apricots, apricot water, orange juice and chicken stock.
7. Bake the casserole at 350 degree centigrade for 1-1/2 hours or until the lamb is tender.
8. Serve it with boiled rice