Dips are that part of a dish which add extra taste and flavor to your food. There are different type of dips and and in this article you are going to learn how to make spinach dip . Spinach dip is healthy and at the same time adds a zing to your starters. Making spinach dip is not a tough job. You can easily make this dip and preserve it in your refrigerator for future use. Spinach dip can be made with both fresh and frozen spinach. Follow this step-by-step instructions and learn how to make tasty spinach dip in no time. Go on.
Complexity Level: Basic
Time Required: 10- 15 minutes
- 1 bunch of spinach/ a bag of spinach in case it is frozen
- Lemon juice
- Sour cream
- Shredded carrot
- Paprika and onion powder
- Sliced water chestnut
1. Take a shallow pan and boil spinach
If you are using fresh spinach, wash the spinach thoroughly with water and cut off the stem and other dried leaves and consider only the fresh leaves. Wash thoroughly as often you will find some mud in the fresh spinach leaves and also it may carry some harmful chemicals. In a shallow pan, take water and bring it to boil. Add the spinach and boil it for 3-4 minutes.
2. Switch off your stove and cool it down
After boiling the spinach for 3-4 minutes, switch off the stove and allow it to rest for sometime. Drain the spinach water with a strainer and dry the spinach with the help of a paper towel or squeeze the spinach in the strainer with a spoon to throw away the extra water.
3. Mash the spinach
Since the spinach is already boiled, with a spoon just fluff the spinach for sometime. Make it little flaky. Keep it aside for sometime and let it cool down. It may leave some juice; do not take it off.
4. Mix the spinach with other stuff
In a bowl, take sour cream and add mayonnaise, chopped onion and garlic, onion powder, paprika, lemon juice, shredded carrot, parsley, salt and pepper and mix together. Add the spinach and add another dash of pepper powder and finally sprinkle some sliced water chestnut and mix it little. Your dip is ready to serve.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Fresh or frozen spinach which one can be the best option? Can it be preserved for a longer time?
Spinach dip can be well made with both the options but for obvious reason fresh spinach is always recommended. But, frozen spinach can also be used as it tastes almost like the fresh one. You do not need to boil the frozen spinach. Just dry it out with a paper towel. Yes it can be preserved but since onion is there inside it may leave some water so itâs better to consume quickly.
- Along with all other ingredients, you can add a dash of roasted cumin seeds in the spinach dip which will add extra flavor.
- Use spinach dip in your toasted bread and enjoy it as a side dish.
- Serve spinach dip in the crackers to the kids as itâs a healthy stuff with all carrots and spinach in it.
Things To Watch Out For:
- Wash thoroughly the fresh spinach as it may contain mud and harmful chemicals.
- Always rinse the frozen spinach so as to be sure about its cleanliness.