Over centuries, from world war to the recent wars against countries, fighter jets have always played a crucial role in the battleground. With the development in technology, new high tech weapons and other modern features are introduced in the 21st century fighter jets. All the countries, all over the world are trying to display their military strength via upgrading systems and special technologies in the military fighter jets. The important characteristics of a fighter jet are determined by its speed, maneuverability and small size of the aircraft. The supersonic fighter jets can fly more than 1,000 miles per hour and are able to drop heavy bombs, including special nuclear ones. So let’s check out the world’s best fighter jets.
- The amazing F-35 Lighting II is a single seat and single engine military strike fighter. F-35 has the fifth generation characteristics which mean that it is highly advanced with radar evading stealth, supersonic speed and extreme agility. It is very powerful with comprehensive sensor package which is only in one aircraft in history.
- F/A-22 Raptor is a fifth generation high tech stealth fighter aircraft which is currently present in the United States Air force and named as F-22A. Lockheed-Martin and Boeing have manufactured the fighter, which flaunts a high speed of Mach 2 class with excellent super cruise ability. The fighter is armed with one M61A2 20-mm cannon which go 480 rounds and can carry six radar-guided AIM-120C advanced medium range missiles.
- The highly advanced SukhoiT50 is also a fifth generation fighter jet. Sukhoi PAK FA has twin engine and is developed by Sukhoi especially for Russian Air force. It is still in advanced development phase and the T-50 is a new addition to both Russian and Indian Air Force.
- The brilliantly designed MiG-35 is classified under 4++ generation fighter jet aircraft designed by Mikoyan. The highly advanced weaponry system consists of one 30 millimeter GSh-30-1 cannon which give 150 rounds and with that it also hold eight weapon pylons for R-27, R-60, R-73, R-77, TV and Laser guided air to ground Missiles with heavy powered bombs. In addition to that the aircraft can carry up to 2,000 lb. of bombs. It was first unveiled at ‘Aero India’ in 2007 air show in Bangalore but still not in service.
- The world advanced new generation combat aircraft includes Eurofighter Typhoon which is a product of British Aerospace, Germany, Italy and Spain. It has a maximum cruise speed of Mach 2.25 and is designed to carry one 27 mm Mauser BK cannon, AIM-9 Sidewinder, AIM-132 ASRAAM, AIM-120 ASRAAM and IRIS-T and many more with LITENING Laser designator.