In a world of social media dominance it is all about being all out there. The extroverts are hailed as positive life affirming people and the introverts are never spoken of in the same light. Instead the introverts are often the most misunderstood people and termed rude or arrogant due to their habits. But that is not essentially the case and the qualities of introverts are something that can surprise you if you knew them. There is so much to pick up from the introverts that we decided to bring it to you in this article where we will tell you about the life lessons that the introverts can impart. These are going to be very helpful if you can actually pick up on the good traits.
Some crucial life lessons to be learnt from the introverts
- Nourish and nurture your creativity: There is a creative side to you which gets subdued in the commotions of daily life. The extroverts usually get little time to exercise their abilities as they would rather be surrounded by people. This is where the introverts display a better personality. With all the time that they have for themselves they cultivate all their talents and creativity and the end results are obviously more productive than their extrovert counterparts. You would do yourself a world of good if you can pick up from such life lessons.
- Learn that being alone is not a synonym of being lonely: Solitude is quite possibly the most hated word of an extrovert. They love being amongst people and the very thought of being otherwise is a pain for them. However there are many advantages of spending some time in solitude. For one it helps you to connect with your soul. It is also the time where you can explore various sides of your character and develop them further.
- The art of self reliance: In the company of people to help you out you often forget the abilities you have. Most answers that you seek are provided by the people around you and this is where the introvert displays better personality traits. By virtue of being by themselves they pick up on such habits like finding the solution for their problems on their own. This makes them a lot more self made by nature than the extroverts. If you can bring this side to your character you would surely develop a lot as a human being.
- Speak less and listen more: Learned men since time immemorial have stressed on the importance of speaking less and listening more. This is a quality the introverts have. By virtue of this they are always well informed and aware of their surroundings than those who are always eager to speak. Try to become ambivert from the extreme introvert and practice the habit of listening more than you speak. This will make your words more meaningful and add more value to them than before.
- Get inspired by yourself: We all have role models who inspire us day in and day out. While it is good to have there can be nothing better than inspiring yourself. This is a typical characteristic of an introvert which you can consider as one of the most important life lessons. Make yourself your own competition and try to better your own feats. When your own abilities inspire you to achieve more you become the most effective when it comes to your work and your life.
- Know people better: This is somewhat derived from being very observant. A keen observer can decode people much better than the one always eager to speak. Introverts are known to be great observers. By virtue of speaking less and being by themselves they have all the time to observe their surroundings and find better meaning of everything. It also makes them a better judge of people than the extroverts. So if you are looking to pick up on some good life lessons this is surely the one you should go for.
- Thinking before speaking: Most of the people tend to speak without much thought. This greatly hampers their quality of words. In many cases, this is even a reason of fights gone worse or hurting someone with poor choice of words even without intending to do so. It is important thus to learn this from the many life lessons of the introverts. They take their time to think and choose words carefully and are usually more effective in making the best use of their words. Start now and make this a part of your personality.
- Make genuine friends: This is again a characteristic trait displayed by the introverts that stems from some of their other qualities. While not much thought is given on the qualities of introverts, this is one that deserves mention. In a world of two faced people and fake friends, the ability to identify the genuine ones is what the introverts develop. They may have very few friends but they get the genuine ones who would stick to them despite all odds. This is one of those life lessons that can make your life a lot easier.
- Keeping secrets: People hate a tatter-tale. Those who disclose one’s secrets to others are neither much loved nor are their abilities appreciated very much. In fact, they are not considered trustworthy. Introverts on the other hand are known for the reliable abilities in keeping the secrets of others. They are thus people everyone trust and in the world we live in this is a quality good as gold. Try being like them in this regard and you too will be appreciated and regarded as a bankable person.
While being too much of an extrovert is not acceptable, neither should one be an introvert to the extreme levels. These are some of the better personality traits of the introverts that you can pick up. To become ambivert is what we would advice, which is the perfect balance between the two. We hope our article will help you in your quest.