Accept it, whether you are an Indian, American, European or Australian, marriage is the most important occasion or event of your life. When ordinary people like us manage to have such glam, beautiful and even extravagant weddings, then how could the celebrities, people eyed by the media could be left behind? Their weddings, especially the brides and their attires prove to be the instrumental inspiration for brides all over the world. The year 2012 saw scores of such weddings where the stylish, beautiful celebrity brides donned in their most glamorous, pious and sometimes traditional and inspiring avatars on their d-day!
Here?s our list of most stylish brides in 2012:
- Vidya Balan: What? You didn?t see the pictures of her traditional ?bala? avatar on her wedding day? Then, you did miss the charm of an authentic, traditional, 60?s style beauty bride! Vidya Balan dressed herself in traditional Tamil style, nine yard of red Kanjivaram Sari. The ensemble was completed with traditional South Indian jewellery.
- Anne Hathway: This petite beauty married actor Adam Schulman in September. With her off white bridal dress with medium train and veil, she definitely looked like a princess. Her short cropped hair gave a quirky twist to her simple ensemble sans jewellery.
- Kareena Kapoor: Undoubtedly, this was the most talked about Indian wedding of 2012. Kareena dazzled in lavish lehengas with extravagant jewellery. Her picture wearing a red lehenga with traditional golden artwork and embroidery revealed that she was just the perfect bride for a Nawab. And yes, she wore the same sharara that Sharmila Tagore wore on her wedding!
- Princess Stephanie: You thought that fairy tale weddings didn?t exist? Well, you are wrong! Because Princess Stephanie from Luxembourg walked down the aisle looking like a true princess. With long train (having 50,000 pearls and silver), exquisite work on her full sleeved gown, embroidered veil and subtle crown, the princess dazzled in Elie Saab?s creation!
- Esha Doel: Esha flaunted a typical Indian style red color sari. Designed by Neeta Lulla, the clothing reflected South Indian style. A traditional waist belt, golden jewellery and mehendi added exquisiteness to the beauty!
- Jessica Biel: Jessica and Justin Timberlake have been the talk of Hollywood for long. The couple married in an intimate ceremony, but Jessica, unlike other brides, went for a fairytale tulle gown in pink. Designed by Giambattista Valli, the outfit exuded a unique charm and added spark of romance on the wedding day!
- Lisa Ray: After winning the battle with cancer, Lisa Ray married her long time boyfriend Jason Dehni in October. The beautiful bride donned a creation by her friend Wendell Rodricks, which featured crystal embellishments on the traditional white gown.
- Holly Valance: Holly?s wedding to Nick Candy was the epitome of extravagance. The Australian actress married the billionaire in a ceremony that made the couple poorer by 3 million Australian dollars. But no regret, because Holly looked absolutely spectacular in her J?Anton?s white dress that featured long train, sweetheart neckline, floral prints and cuts. This 35000 Australian Dollars outfit is just the dream come true for every bride.
- Genelia D?Souza: Genelia got herself donned in two bride avatars: one the traditional Marathi sari designed by Ritu Kumar and a white gown.
- Drew Barrymore: Drew Barrymore proved that you could look stunningly beautiful on your wedding day even if you are pregnant. The actress wore Chanel-Karl Lagerfield?s white gown that beautiful accentuated her current figure and made her look lovelier. Definitely, Barrymore looked more glowing and charming than ever!