On Monday, in a dramatic way, the multi-crore-land scam accused Ashok Malhotra surrendered in a private TV Studio in Noida. Later, the CBI arrested him from the studio. Earlier on Saturday, the special CBI court had issued a non-bailable warrant against Malhotra. CBI has charged Malhotra illegally occupied plots and allotting them to private builders meant for slum dwellers and earned crores.
Malhotra appeared on the news channel and offered to surrender only when the CBI would promise to interrogate him in the presence of a legal team. He later, rejected all the claims of any kind association with politicians and any involvement in the land scam. He said that he has been framed and he had underground feared for his life. Malhotra however said that he would reveal details only in court.
Earlier, the CBI had raided his residence and offices and recovered at least 52 luxury cars and many fake documents of land properties. CBI director, Vijay Shankar, said that the investigation team would take all necessary actions in the land scam case. He expressed surprise on the wide media coverage the case has received.
There’s no reason why he shouldn’t be arrested. The law shall take its course. Everything possible to unravel all those responsible for this scam shall be undertaken and it will be done as quick as possible. The investigation is at a very initial stage.
The shocking revelation of the multi-crore-land scam has started giving sleepless nights to many MCD officials and politicians in Delhi it seems because at least 2,700 files have been reportedly gone missing from the office. These files may have the proof of fake allotment of resettlement colony plots to unidentified entities