The holiday season is the perfect time for warm cocoa, delicious feasts, quality time, and yes, a little extra stress (okay, a lot of extra stress! But it’s fine, I’m fine, everything’s fine!).
To make sure your friends are actually fine, give them the gift of self-care this year.
They deserve to feel their best, and you deserve a stress-free shopping trip with this complete guide to some awesome self-care gifts. No additional thinking required. Batteries not included.
1. Do-It-Yourself Massage Tools
Self-care and stress relief have to target the physical, as well as mental. Whether your friends are holding tension in their shoulders, jaw, or god-only-knows-where-else, they could certainly benefit from some TLC (even if it is the DIY-variety).
Some massage tools can be a tad expensive, but here are a few options ranging from balling-out-for-my-bestie to pulling-it-back-for-my-pals.
- Electric massage gun – This self-care gift is sure to hit the spot—literally. These deep tissue high-speed massagers can get knots out of just about anywhere, and your friend can treat themselves all on their own.
- Acupressure massage rings – For something a little more chill (both in terms of price and rapid-fire intensity), buy your friend a set of massage rings for hands and fingers. They can roll out their tense fingers during a work call, while studying for tests, or after hours of mindlessly scrolling through TikTok (we all have our weaknesses!).
- Scalp massager – Did you know that 85% of our bodily tension is held in our scalps? No idea if that’s true, but what is true is that a handheld scalp massager is an easy, convenient way to release some pent-up tightness (85% or otherwise).
2. Weighted Blanket
As far as self-care goes, these calming blankets feel like a warm hug from an old friend. It’s said to relieve stress and anxiety, and even improve sleep quality through gentle pressure. If that’s not self-care, then what is?!
3. Bubble Bath Bobbles
Unfortunately, you can’t give your pals the gift of more me-time (unless you’ve invented a cloning machine that lets them be in seven places at once), but you can make sure that their me-time is optimized for maximum self-care potential.
A bubble bath is the perfect way to unwind at the end of a long day (or a short one; we’re not the gatekeepers on what constitutes as stressful), but they need the right supplies to do it right.
- Basket of essentials – Bubble bath, scented candles, a luxurious loofah, the works! Go as all-out as you want with this, or keep it simple with a few must-have bath items.
- Bathtub tray – Your friend is finally settling in for a hot, relaxing bath, and they realize they have nowhere to put their snacks, soap, or phone to watch Netflix. Enter. the bamboo bathtub tray, complete with individual slots for all their mid-bath essentials. And yes, there is a stand for their Netflix needs (or you could always suggest they use this as an opportunity to finally unplug from technology—up to you!).
- Big bottle of wine – Or whatever their indulgent drink of choice is! If they’re going to really unwind, why not go all the way?
For some, a hot bath is their version of meditation—and meditation works wonders! Let them enjoy their self-care time to the fullest extent.
The Best Care is Self-Care
While you’re out at the mall buying scented candles and bath bombs, or online shopping for the perfect weighted blanket, why not buy yourself a little something-something at the same time? Your friends deserve self-care—but so do you!
Do everyone a favor this year with your holiday shopping.
Article Submitted By Community Writer