Break-ups are fairly common in Hollywood. Here are some couples who called it quits this year.
1. Catherine Zeta-Jones & Michael Douglas:?The iconic Hollywood pair?announced?in late August that they were separating after 13 years of marriage as they have actually been living separate lives.
“Catherine and Michael are taking some time apart to evaluate and work on their marriage,” a rep for the actress said in a statement.
However, the actor was?reported?by?USA Today?as saying. “We are fine. My wife and I are fine.”
2. Miley Cyrus & Liam Hemsworth:?We learned last month that the pair?ended?their almost four-year relationship and also called off their engagement.
Sources say that the break up was “Miley’s decision, after coming to grips with Liam being what she believed was less than faithful to her.”
The breakup came at the “We Can’t Stop” singer?opening up?about wedding plans in the recent issue of?Harper’s Bazaar.?”I definitely don’t have time to deal with a wedding right now,” she told the fashion magazine. “But I will at some point.”
3. Britney Spears & Jason Trawick:?The 31-year-old singing star and her agent fianc??broke up?in January after being?engaged?for over a year.
“Jason and I have decided to call off our engagement,” Spears said in a statement. “I’ll always adore him and we will remain great friends.” Trawick added: “As this chapter ends for us a new one begins. I love and cherish her and her boys and we will be close forever.”
4. George Clooney & Stacy Keibler:?After being for two years together, the duo announced in July that they decided to go?their separate ways.
Neither celebrity established the reason behind their breakup. The 52-year-old actor has been filming?The Monuments Men?in Berlin as of late, alongside friend?Matt Damon. Keibler visited her beau on the set back in March, but the two hadn’t been seen together since.
Rumors of the split began doing the rounds after the 33-year-old beauty was seen hanging out without Clooney on the Fourth of July at the DeLeon Tequila party in Malibu. “She was definitely acting like a single lady,” a source told E! News.
5. Jason Segel & Michelle Williams😕 The 33-year-old?How I Met Your Mother?star and Williams allegedly?broke up?in early February after dating for a year.?Sources said that with Williams based in New York and Segel rooted in L.A., it was distance that eventually took its toll on the duo’s relationship.